May 10, 2008

Yard yard yard yard YARD!


For a few years after we adopted Brady, she had the run of the house, a big backyard, and almost daily trips to the dog park, usually with canine friends. Then along came Grace, and as if that weren't insult enough, we moved to a house with no yard. She was a good sport about it, but I'm sure she wondered why things had gone so horribly awry. Today Mick and Brian finished fencing in our new little backyard, and Brady finally got to run free in her very own space. She gets cruising pretty fast, and it was obvious she wasn't familiar with the perimeter, because she ran into the fence a few times. But boy, oh boy, was she a happy camper.

What goes through her head with life's various ups and downs? Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and can't go back to sleep, so I snuggle and pet her until she's a furry puddle of contentment. These moments must seem so random, I imagine her wondering, "What did I do to deserve this? What did I do?"

1 comment:

Mom2twogoofballs said...

What more could a dog ask for: love, a great home (occasionally minus a yard), and a doting family. Love you guys.