Jun 18, 2008

The things that really matter.

I've gotten some grief over the bruise post -- not because I was immodest enough to share a picture of myself in my underwear, but because of what one friend, who shall remain nameless, referred to as my "granny panties." Apparently he would have preferred to see me in a lacy black thong, or something at least a little fancier than blue cotton. I feel I should defend myself here, because it's a Victoria's Secret bikini, not some gray polyester number that goes all the way up to my waist and sags in the bum. It may even have been a low-rise bikini -- I'd check but I'm doing laundry. Of course, this is the same person who complimented me on my photo in the bathroom, pointing out, "Your hair doesn't look as greasy as it usually does." And, as long as I'm on a rant, he ended an anecdote about running into a friend of his ex's by muttering, "Thank God I'm skinny." You know who you are, and why I love you so much -- because we think alike, but you actually say it all out loud.

No comments: