Sep 7, 2008

Well, this is awkward.

It turns out the family will be going through a more significant change than anticipated this spring. I've been wrestling with how to address this here, or whether to address it at all, but every time I sit down to post, there is this elephant in the room. So I'll just put it out there and hope nobody gets hurt: John and I will continue to muddle through parenting Grace (and Brady) with what we hope is the appropriate balance of love, discipline and fiber, but we will be doing so from different homes. I am not making light of this; to the contrary, I worry about the impact on Grace, John and myself every day. I'll be updating the blog in the near future to reflect the changes in our lives, but I don't plan on sharing any details of the split.

If I feel the need for a little cathartic venting, I might do so here, but out of respect for John's privacy, I will try to limit my comments to my own experience of the process. I imagine there will be a lot more profanity.

There, that wasn't so bad. And I didn't even have to use the "D" word.

No comments: