Oct 4, 2008

And the job goes to...

Ella! She was already the unofficial Boss of Me, but I hadn't called upon her to make any decisions until this week. To each question I posed, her response was exactly the opposite of what I would have done. But she was always right. I went ahead and delivered my resume in person to that software company, and while I haven't been offered the job, they admired my initiative and I've had two interviews and spoken with four people, including the president. What can I do for L. now that all the hoopla surrounding the funeral is over and her kids and husband are back at school and work? Bring her food. I'd already done that, and got the impression they had more than they could use, but apparently three kids eat a LOT. When I asked L. what I could do? "Bring food. I have to feed my kids." Brilliant. And although Ella has always been my go-to girl for fashion decisions, it's becoming clear I need her now more than ever.

In other news...

























I no longer feel the universe is taking a dump on me (although it still seems to be farting in my general direction). My state of limbo is nothing compared to that of The Perfect Roommate (left), who visited last night and charmed the entire family. This week she almost died in a rip tide while kayaking on the Oregon coast. After more than an hour of struggling to stay afloat, it took three men to bring her to safety. A near-death experience totally trumps my shit, so once again I've been slapped upside the head with a healthy dose of perspective. People come into your life for a reason, I believe, and The Perfect Roommate and Boo will likely make a positive impact on many lives. She and Grace made some sort of cosmic connection, culminating in a good-night hug of the magnitude usually reserved for Gabba, Sandi and Justine. It was too sweet for words.

No comments: