Oct 17, 2008

P-L-U-C-K.

I received this card today from Vicky, one of my very favorite people in the world. I made the mistake of opening it while waiting for my follow-up ultrasound, and everyone in that waiting room must have been wondering what was wrong with the poor, scrawny woman weeping in the corner. THIS is the kind of energy I need to tap into. No more curling up in bed feeling sorry for myself. I'm a forty-one-year-old woman with a fantastic daughter, wonderful family and friends, a roof over my head, a new job and countless new people and adventures awaiting me out there. All this time I've been complaining, when in reality, I believe I may be one of the luckiest people I know. There's nothing wrong with being apprehensive, but I need to keep reminding myself that courage is not the absence of fear; rather, it's the ability to face and overcome fear. I'm determined to teach that to Grace, although I have a feeling she is more likely to set that example for me. Thank you so much, Vic, for the beautiful sentiments.

Speaking of Gigi, we were lucky enough to find a fantastic daycare that happened to have space available the two days we need. They usually don't offer just two days a week, but made an exception. This is an item I can check off my list with enthusiasm rather than resignation, and one more reason to feel fortunate that the pieces of this crazy puzzle are falling into place. Note to self: allow optimism to kick fear's ass.

No comments: