Apr 23, 2009

My brush with media greatness.

I appeared on this morning's KATU AM Northwest, our local ABC affiliate's morning show. This six-minute segment took WEEKS of phone calls, emails, planning and preparation. The woman talking about child abuse agreed to appear on the show with me to provide some credibility so that I could shamelessly promote Soft Landing. Fortunately, she got a bit more air time than I did, because her message was more important than mine, and I may have pissed myself if they had asked me one more question. I'm sure there are countless reasons people choose to become writers; I'm fairly certain that those reasons DO NOT include a fondness for public speaking. But doesn't my hair look great?

3 comments:

Pirate Alice said...

Congratulations on the morning show interview! Your hair does look fabulous!

Annette said...

You look great .... how exciting for you! Good luck!

cougchick said...

LOL. I wanted to spit out your words FOR you. A wee bit nervous perhaps? You rocked it with the hair, for sure...