Jul 24, 2009

Good bread, good meat.

Since Grace was with her father on her birthday, Michael made an extra special dinner to cheer me up. (Apologies to my vegetarian and vegan friends.) I will say this: that man knows how to grill meat to perfection.

Also, the yummy sourdough bread and mushrooms, along with a bottle of wine (so gone!), were a last minute gift from a woman in the neighborhood who Michael helped get back into her house earlier this week in the wee hours. That night, while he tinkered with the lock, I commiserated about the whole locking out bit, with which I am painfully familiar. (And tonight, I took the opportunity to plug my book and hand her a business card, since Annie Bloom's has chosen to remove my one remaining book from their shelves.)

I digress. Happy birthday, Gigi; I miss you. And thanks to Michael and Ivy for a delicious meal! I'm full, and my faith in the goodness of (most) neighbors has been reinforced.

1 comment:

Girlbert said...

That looks DELISH - no apologies needed! But now I'm craving bread and red wine - MMMMMMMM...

I'm glad you had a nice night. Kudos to your man for taking your mind off the missing birthday girl.

And good for you for unabashedly plugging your book. Gotta keep working it...

I went to my fave burrito place (all organic! all local!) the other day, and after I ordered my veggie burrito with a huge smile on my face, I said to the guy, "I'm really excited about my burrito." He said, "I can see that." So I continued, "Do you have a website?" Turns out I was talking to the owner, and he was looking for someone to do a website for him. AWESOME.

So keep working it - apparently smiling like a goon helps! Little did he know I was more excited about eating solid food than anything else...